How do you set up your Sensi thermostat to work with Amazon Echo?
First lets start by explaining what Amazon Echo is.
Amazon Echo is a hands-free speaker you control with your voice. Echo connects to the Alexa Voice Service, to play music, provide information, news, sports scores, weather, and more—instantly. All you have to do is ask.
Echo has seven microphones and beam forming technology so it can hear you from across the room—even while music is playing. Echo is also an expertly tuned speaker that can fill any room with 360° immersive sound. When you want to use Echo, just say the wake word “Alexa” and Echo responds instantly.
Now to Sensi,
The Sensi thermostat is a WiFi and programmable thermostat that allows you to control your thermostat from your phone, tablet, or any other internet capable device. Now with the connection with Echo it allows you to keep your home comfortable even easier.
AireSmith, Inc does not install the Amazon Echo, but we do stock and install the Senisi thermostat and can assist you with connecting your Sensi and your Echo together.
Here is a how to on how to connect your Sensi Thermostat to your Amazon Echo:
The Sensi Wi-Fi Programmable Thermostat can be directly controlled by Amazon Echo through the Amazon Alexa app.
To get started:
- Download the Sensi app, create a Sensi account, and install your Sensi thermostat through the Sensi app. (You can skip this step if you are already a Sensi customer.)
- Set up your Amazon Echo and download the Amazon Alexa app.
To directly control your Sensi thermostat with Amazon Alexa:
(Tap or click on the image to expand)
- In the Amazon Alexa app, select Settings on the main menu
- Select Connected Home under the Account section
- Under the Device Links section, select Link with Senisi
- Enter your Sensi email and password and tap “Sign In” (Be sure to not have extra spaces before or after your email or password)
- After you see confirmation that Alexa has been linked with your Sensi thermostat, tap the close button in the upper right corner
- Under the Devices section, select Discover devices OR say, “Alexa, discover new devices.” The app will show a progress bar while Alexa is looking for devices. Wait for the “Discovery Complete” message.
- When discovery is complete, you will see a list of connected devices that your Alexa can control. You should now see your Sensi thermostat in this list, and will be able to interact verbally with your Sensi thermostat. Please see note below.
*NOTE: when Alexa finds your Sensi thermostat, the Alexa app will display the thermostat by the name you have previously given your Sensi thermostat. When giving commands to your Sensi thermostat through Alexa, you will need to remember the name you’ve given your thermostat. If you want to change the name of your thermostat, you will need to do this in your Sensi app, and can follow the instructions in this article.
With your Sensi thermostat connected to Amazon Echo, you can control your thermostat verbally with these commands.
If you have any other questions regarding the Sensi Thermostat or any other thermostats or the connection between your thermostat and your Echo please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by giving us a call last 210-658-0841.